Hi Guys! In this post I will be talking about the read-a-thons I will be participating in along with any other books I plan to read this month. This month I plan to participate in 3 read-a-thons; The FairytaleAThon, Series Crackdown and Fantastic February.
The FairytaleAThon takes place from the 1st of February to the 10th of February. The official twitter for the FairytaleAThon can be found here. For the FairytaleAThon I have chosen books to complete all the challenges. Some challenges may have the same book and/or two opinions I can read to complete the challenge. There are 8 challenges in this read-a-thon however I have chosen 7 books to read to complete these challenges. I realise that one of the books I chose is not a retelling/fairytale. The challenges are:
- Melt the Frozen Heart Read a book that features friendship or family – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Rapunzel, Let Down Your Long Hair Read a retelling over 500 pages – Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Gadgets and Gizmos a plenty Read a retelling that’s part of a series – The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine OR Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
- Beware the Snow Queen Read a retelling that takes place during winter or has a wintery word in the title – Winter by Marissa Meyer OR The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine
- True Loves Kiss Read a retelling with a swoon-worthy romance – A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Warm hugs Curl up with a warm beverage and read your favourite fairytale – Rumplestiltskin by The Grimm Brothers
- Let it go Read a book you’ve been hesitant to pick up – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Gaston’s Tavern Read the Group Book – A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
The Series Crackdown start on the 15th of February and finishes on the 24th. The twitter page for Series Crackdown can be found here. There are no set challenges for the Series crackdown, you just have to try and read your unread series on your bookshelves. The first 2 books on this list are just in case I do not finish them for the FairytaleAThon because I really want to finish them. The Books I have chosen to read are:
- Winter by Marissa Meyer – Book 4 in The Lunar Chronicles
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer – Book 4.5 in The Lunar Chronicles
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling – Book 2 in the Harry Potter series
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling – Book 3 in the Harry Potter series
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – Book 1 in the Six of Crows Duology
Fantastic February lasts all month, so it starts on the 1st of February and ends on the 28th. You can find the blog post about this read-a-thon here. There are also no set challenges for this read-a-thon, the aim is just to read fantasy and paranormal books which are on your TBR. Once again, many of these books are chosen from my other read-a-thon TBR’s for this month. Many of the books I have already mentioned would fit in this read-a-thon too so I am not going to mention them again. However, there is one extra book that I am going to read and that is:
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. This book is a Paranormal novel and I chose it because I hadn’t planned on reading any other paranormals in my other read-a-thons this month.
Don’t forget to follow my blog to stay up todate with my content and remember to keep reading.