Hi Guys! In this post, I will be talking about some of my favourite authors. To have made it on my list I must have read more than one of their books which is why many really famous and hyped authors may not be on this list. Also, some of these authors have written some of my favourite books that I read when I was younger. Majority of these authors wrote books that I read when I first got really interested in reading which is why I think that these authors have had a lasting impact on me. These authors are not in any particular order.
- Marissa Meyer – I have read Marissa Meyers first 3 books in The Lunar Chronicles. This was one of the first major YA series that I started and fell in love with the plot and world. I have Marissa Meyer’s writing style and plan on finishing the series this month. I have also purchased her stand-alone novel Heartless which is an Alice in Wonderland retelling which I am very excited to read.
- Suzanne Collins – I have read the whole Hunger Games series multiple times and continue to love it each time I read it. This was another series that I read at the beginning of my reading journey. I love the characters that Suzanne Collins made along with the world that was created. The plot is really interesting and many of the plot twists I did not see coming.
- J.K. Rowling – I have read the first 4 books in the Harry Potter series and have plans to reread and read the series this month. I have also read the 2 Fantastic Beasts screenplays that have been released so far. I don’t think that I get the full effect of the Harry Potter series since I watched the movies before reading the books. However, many scenes that are in the books but not in the movies.
- Roald Dahl – I have read many of Roald Dahl books. I first started reading his books in 3rd Grade when we did class reading. Some of my favourite Roald Dahl books that I’ve read are The Twits, Matilda, The BFG and The Witches. This year I plan to collect more of his books for my bookshelf and read some of the books I haven’t read.
- Enid Blyton – Enid Blyton was the first author that I collect series for. I started with The Magic Faraway Tree series and The Wishing Chair collection. I loved these stories so much that I started reading The Five Find-Outers series and The Naughtiest Girl in the School series. My family had to order many of these books from my local book store because they were never in stock. I don’t have any plans to reread any of these books but Enid Blyton’s stories will always have a place in my heart.
Thanks for reading my post. Remember to like this post and follow my blog to stay up to date on my content.
Keep Reading, Tara.