Hey guys! In this post I will be talking about bookopoly and how I use it to help choose my monthly TBRs. There are a lot of posts and videos on bookopoly. The video that inspired me to do this is by Becca and The Books and the video is linked here.
The original concept for bookopoly helped you to save money for future book buying. I am not using it to save money I just like the idea of rolling the dice and it causing me to land on a different colour that means a different book genre or book challenge.
All of the colours on the monopoly book correspond to a different book genre. Many book choose what colour represents which genre based on their reading preferences. For my bookopoly set up the colours mean:
- Brown – historical fiction
- Pale blue – contemporary
- Pink – fantasy
- Orange – classics
- Red – paranormal/sci-fi/dystopian
- Yellow – series continuation
- Green – poetry/mystery/thriller
- Dark blue – non-fiction
Also on a monopoly board there are other squares such as tax, railway stations and corner squares.
- Tax square – read a book 500 pages or more
- Railway station – a book from a recent haul
- Corner square – if it was an even roll I have to read a 5 star prediction; an odd roll I have to read a random book from my goodreads
If I roll a double and I choose a book from the square that I landed on I then have to roll and again and therefore choose an extra book. If I land on a square that says chance or community chest I again have to roll again. Bookopoly is a fun way to help choose your TBR and it helps you to read a lot of the books that you have on your shelves.
Thanks for reading my post. Remember to like this post and follow my blog to stay up to date on my content.
Keep Reading, Tara.