Hey Guys! July’s TBR will be split into 2 posts since I am participating in 2 reading challenges/readathons. This post will be regarding my Book Junkie Trial TBR. I will link the twitter here. This readathon has been really thought out and planned. I will also link Rachel Marie Book Junkie’s video here since she is the creator of the readathon and she can explain it a lot better than I can.
I took the personality quiz and I am part of team #Mage. My ability is that I can bend time and therefore have a 3 day head start. My weakness is that one of my spells went awry, and now I must read a book out of my comfort zone.
There are 5 prompts in which I have to complete in order to complete the quest. I definitely want to finish these 5 prompts and some of the others however, I know that I will be unable to complete all the prompts. I do have a complete TBR to cover all the prompts below.
- ORC GROVE – read a book that is gruesome, gory or gritty. I chose to read Nevernight by Jay Kristoff.
- OL’ PIRATE COVE – read a book that takes place, at least in part, on the sea. I chose Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller.
- GLIMMER – read a colourful or beautiful book. I chose Akarnae by Lynette Noni.
- DRACONIC ISLE – a book featuring dragons. I chose The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- THE BOOKIE GRAIL – the group book. The group book is Stardust by Neil Gaiman.
These are all the books I have to read to complete the quest. I have also chosen books to fulfil the other prompts. I will be trying to read as many of these books as possible.
- THE DROWNING DEEP – a book with rich world building. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige.
- WEEPING FALLS – read a tear-jerker. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.
- THE GREAT LIBRARY – book that has been on my TBR for ages. Heartless by Marissa Meyer.
- THE FORGOTTEN FORESTS – read the next in a series. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling.
- CRIMSON PEAKS – reread a favourite. Matilda by Roald Dahl.
- QUEENDOM STONE – read a book featuring royalty. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine.
- THE ELVEN GUARD – read a book with war, military or political themes. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski.
- ON THE HALLOW ISLE – read an atmospheric or horror book. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman.
- DWARF MOUNT – read a book with a hint of romance. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare.
- APOTHECARY TOWERS – choose a random book from my bookshelf. Turtles All The Way Down by John Green.
- EMPTY BARREL INN – enjoy an indulgent read. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- GIANT SQUID – read a book that intimidates you. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.
These are all the books I wish to complete in the month of July. Thanks for reading my post. Remember to like this post and follow my blog to stay up to date on my content. Keep Reading, Tara.