Hey guys! So since October is basically the month of scary films and all things spooky my next few posts will be Halloween related. In this post, I will be listing some of the films which I recommend to older teens and adults. There will be another post in the future for more child friendly movies.
- Crimson Peak (2015) – this film contains Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska as the main characters. I would consider this movie to be a horror movie and does contain some scary and disturbing themes. I would definitely recommend this film to older teens and adults because of these themes.
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) – this film has Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman as the main characters. This film also contains some very troubling themes which is why I put it on this list for teens and adults. It can be classified as a thriller film however the characters do sing so I would also classify it as a musical.
- The Conjuring (2013) – this is a basic scary movie. It is a supernatural horror film which consists of the paranormal such as ghosts and possession.
- Carrie (1976) – this is a very old film and there have been a couple of remakes of it. I prefer the original compared to the newer ones and would definitely recommend you watch it. This film is quite scary but there is not too many supernatural themes.
- Scream (1996) – this film is all about scary movies, the characters constantly refer to classic horror movies such as Halloween. There has been a remake of this movie into a tv show. I have not watched the tv show but I highly recommend the movie. Once again there is no supernatural themes in this one just suspense and murder.
- Halloween (2018) – there are numerous remakes and sequels in this franchise. I however have only since the most recent remake of the first film which was in 2018. This is another suspenseful film and the main plot point in this film is also murder.
- It (2017) – in regards to this movie I did not like the original. I found it to be boring and not scary. However, the newer remake of this film which was released in 2017 was a lot better. The second film was released recently and that was also a lot better than I thought it would be.
Thanks for reading this post. Be sure to like this post and follow the blog to keep updated on when I post. Also, go check out my Instagram, I post daily over there, my username is timelessbookcorner.